News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Czege'n'Bake(r)] - Dogs chargen

Started by Iskander, January 28, 2006, 10:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iskander

The fourth season of the Gotham Gaming Guild starts next Friday, and I am running one of the games, which I've oh-so-wittily dubbed "Czege'n'Bake(r)". We will be dividing the seven four-hour sessions of play between DitV (4), kpfs (1) and MLwM (2) - although leaving the proportions open to change as we go. This is something of a departure for the GGG, which usually offers a 6- or 7-session season of the same game, sometimes broken up into two 3-session campaigns.

The idea lurking behind the three specific games is to look for a continuing thread of theme or premise or whatever, and play through the whole season with that in mind. It's as much a challenge to myself as to my three players, to see if I can be astute enough to pick up what is engaging their attention and gripping them by the nuts, and run with that. That's the high-concept plan, anyway. We'll see how it goes.

For the time being, though, we got through the first part of character generation, stopping before accomplishment conflicts, which is where we'll pick up when we start play next Friday. I think we have a good trio of Dogs, who will produce some interesting interactions at the table, especially the tangled knot of parenthood between two of the Brothers. The trigger-happy xenophbia of the third will just pour flaming oil on troubled waters, if I have anything to do with it. The first town is going to be smokin', since the two of them are going home, and there's trouble brewing, and tragedy in the air.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14